Home About Me Crafts School Dazzling Days Facebook Instagram Twitter Pinterest Youtube Image Map

August 13, 2016

What is that???

Bugs, Bugs, Bugs

Hey Guys!

I finally used my Bug Jar that I made in Kindergarten!! 

I found an insect that looked like a leaf and a cricket!  My dad helped me research it and I learned that it’s called a Katydid!  That’s crazy!!  I also found out that they can be called a long-horned grasshopper or bush cricket!

I learned that Katydids can be green, yellow, or pink!  How cool is that?  A pink Katydid!! 
THE AUDUBON BUTTERFLY GARDEN
 CREDIT: JAYME NECAISE

  I hope I can find one some day. 


Katydids live all over the world except Antarctica.  


I found this Katydid living on a tree in my back yard. 
I wanted to keep it for a little while but I had to let it back out into the world.  They don’t live very long.










It was exciting to watch him walk back into the woods! 

Learning something new everyday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment